Sunday, January 27, 2008

itunes playlist

The Riddle Band was asked to make a playlist like the itunes ones you see online so i thought i would share them with you guys.

(Jeremy)

"Such Beauty" - Ian Mcintosh
This song is very fresh in it's sound and feel for worship music. Very "Muse" like in the guitars and melodies.

"Equally Skilled" - Jon Foreman
Amazing growth for the singer of Swtichfoot. The "Fall" EP is one of the better things Ive bought in the last few months. Very moving songs.

"Prodigal" - OneRepublic
Although known for thier hit "Apologize" I feel his voice is really strong on this whole record. This song has alot of underlying faith references, which is interesting for a band with this kind of overnight success.
_______________________________________________________________________

(Evan, Guitars)

"Head Home" - Midlake
It's haunting one minute and makes you want to ride a bicycle really fast the next. And the guitar solo is killer.

"Transmitter"- Daniel Lanois
There's something about pedal steel guitar when it's played in this fashion that resonates with my soul. The combination of the instrumentation and the chord structure and progression is, for me, like finally sleeping when you're exhausted.

"Help Me"- Johnny Cash
It's a reverent prayer of desperation by an old man who truly knows struggle and humility. It was recorded by a close friend just before he died, and wasn't released until after. It's slow, simple, serious, and honest, and I don't think there is a single instrument better than the bowed upright bass to portray the solace that Cash finds in this prayer.
_______________________________________________________________________

(Brandon, Drums)

"Catapult" - Counting Crows
Written after the death of Kurt Cobain, the lyrics sum up the stuggle of life in the spotlight, no matter how great or small. This has been my favorite Crows song
since middle school!!

"The Snake and the Crown" - Raine Maida
A great commentary on America. Slam poetry is a new thing for me, but i am quickly jumping on the bandwagon.

"Hoppipolla"- Sigur Ros
I'm convinced that this is the soundtrack to the opening of Heaven's gates. Convinced.
_______________________________________________________________________

(Josh, Bass)

"Got a Feeling" - Flickerstick
I first heard them on VH1, when they won the "Bands on the Run" contest a couple years ago. This song is so darn catchy! Verses, Chorus...*sigh* I wish I would have wrote it.

"Mexico" - Jump Little Children
Brandon showed me these guys about 6 months ago, so all credit goes to him. The singer has such a unique voice that grows on you the more you listen. These guys arent around anymore, but left us with some really amazing songs like this one.

"New Years Day" - U2
I saw U2in3D (Now playing in select cities!) a couple days ago, and although not my favorite U2 song of all time, its the one I've been humming all weekend so I'm going with it.

No comments: