Monday, August 11, 2008

An Attempt at Revivification

As the primary "owner" of this here blog, I guess you could call me an absentee landlord as I haven't done shit here since June. Granted, the tenants here are not crackheads or hookers... we're still just a group of friends in KC who likes conversation, beer, music, and deep things like God and society and culture. We just got busy for a while, that's all!

And so, in the good name of resurrection, I hereby declare this blog alive and well, all evidence to the contrary, and offer a few tid bits of profundity:

During the summer months, cherry limeades are an acceptable substitute for beer... but only in moderation.

If getting free music from the library is a crime, consider me the Godfather. Not only do I commit the crime quite often, I am also very methodical about it. In the past two months I have acquired Theolonius Monk, Emmylou Harris, the new Weepies album, Tom Waits, Garrison Keillor's "Duets" album, The Jayhawks, the Wailin' Jennies (amazing), Whiskeytown's "Pnuemonia", Stephen Stills, an American Roots Blues compilation, kd lang, Joni Mitchell, Johnny Cash's hymn collection, Bruce Springsteen, Chris Thile's new band The Punch Brothers, Van Morrison. the Elders, the Decemberists, John Prine, Old Crow Medicine Show, REM, Randy Newman, and Lucinda Williams. I love it.

I love fried okra like nobody's business. It is my equivolent to Kristen's "sweet nectar to my soul" when she refers to Newcastle, although I realize referring to okra as "nectar" does not work. I'll have to come up with something better than that.

5 comments:

k-10 said...

full disclosure, I may have stolen the "sweet nectar to my soul" phrase from Sara...not 60 year old Sara, but mid-20s Sara.

B said...

we're back baby!!! i had to make my own, but my heart is still on the porch.

quart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
quart said...

I used a similar phrase ("sweet, sweet nectar") to describe miller lite when I drank it in Milwaukee with Sara (mid-20s Sara).

sara said...

thanks for the revivification.

and thanks for the full disclosure.

we do need to bring the 'night back...