Monday, August 18, 2008

monday on the porch

I'm working from home today, and Kristen doesn't start class until tomorrow, so we are both enjoying a beautiful pre-Autumn afternoon on our front porch. Our canas are tall and blooming red flowers, attracting butterflies and the occasional hummingbird. The sky is blue with scattered clouds, and there is an onery squirrel teasing one of the kittens, making for some mild entertainment.

I bought tickets for Ray Lamontagne in October at The Uptown, and Kristen got us tickets for Bruce Springsteen at the Sprint Center. These two shows will definitely fulfill my need for live music for a while. I can never complain about a lack of live music in my life.

I have nothing of substance to say. I just want to keep this mofo kickin'. So, I will provide some quotes:

“Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.”
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"Every time that I see your face/ it's like cool cool water running down my back."
-The Jayhawks

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
-Mark Twain

1 comment:

B said...

mark twain is a bad ass.