Saturday, March 29, 2008

friday in a nutshell

story of my life. airport.

what is it about Miller Lite out of a can that can be so white trash at times, and so magical at others? Last night was magical Miller Lite time. It was 70 degrees in South Carolina yesterday, and it only went down to 60ish last night, so we porch nighted it at the Marriott. I'm taking Porch night on the road bitches!
Evan and i decided to exploit the promoter's credit card and ordered the following things via overpriced roomservice
Shrimp Cocktail....(5 shrimp)...$11.
Tylonol Extra strength....(actualy i dont remember how much that cost, but i remember Evan seeing the bill and laughing)
Breakfast in Bed this morning....$35
almost rented a movie last night, but had a few too many to stay awake and watch it, so we went to bed.
Oh and we both stole a pillow. Thats not a first for me, this time it was really out of necessity. You see, i stole a pillow from a Hampton Inn back a few months ago, and now its in rotation in the McCoy home. I needed another comfy hotel pillow to even it out. If you really think about it, I almost had to take it. seriously, think about it.
Went to sleep, not drunk, definately not sober, at 330ish, room service knocked at 715.
I was in my underware, and the room was pitch black. Realizing that i was in no condition to answer the door, i frantically, and with eyes watering, head pounding, mind cursing the night before, rummaged through my bag to find a pair of shorts. Which i found, and put on backward.
Opened the door, and it was a dude around my age. had i known that, there is no way i would have put pants on. Im sure he would have been cool.
hung with a dude who was the youth pastor at Saddleback church, for years. Cool dude. if you dont know much bout Saddleback, here is the low down. Big ass churh, 30k people ish. Rick warren. Purpose driven everything.
and i called the youth pastor a bitch last night, just to see how he would react. It wasnt so outlandish as it sounds, he was having a beer (this is pre porchnight) and he made fun of my shirt.
so i said something to the effect of "shut up bitch"
and there was a pause.
pause.
then he laughed and "good gamed" me, if ya know what i mean.
speaking of getting made fun of. it happens alot on this tour. bastards.
im the youngest, because everyone else is late 20s early 30s. so i kind of get the little brother pick on. im cool with it though. bastards.
I wore a shirt last night to the show that was a little "unB.McCoylike" to wear. i knew it, but i didnt think it looked bad. The gereral opinion was that i looked like a combination of a Kohls model/employee and someone who looked like a college frat boy who now works at someplace like Cerner.
live and learn.
thats it, i dont believe i can ramble much longer, way bored in the airport, and that makes for blogging about recent events.
so that was my friday in a nutshell.

1 comment:

k-10 said...

I loved your pause. It was perfectly placed...right where I needed to crack up out loud by myself. I can't believe you actually did that.

However, I do find it quite odd that he slapped your ass after you called him a bitch. That just doesn't even make sense. He must've been a lightweight.