Tuesday, November 13, 2007

coincidence, i don't think

I never see beer bottles or boxes littered in the streets that aren't of the following brewing companies: Anheuser-Busch, Coors, Miller, and whoever the hell makes Nasty Light. Now, I don't mean any offense to our Miller-drinking friends (Brandon, Kristen--she does love that High Life Light, all of us on camping/canoeing/sweaty-ass bike-riding trips), but honestly, I'm not sure that I have ever seen a Boulevard bottle or box dumped in the street. Is there a necessary correlation between the type of beer one drinks and the value one places on the environment and the community? There has to be.

Drink good beer. Dispose of the containers properly.

6 comments:

B said...

I know someone (remaining nameless) who, while drinking beers at the lake, chooses to fill the empty cans with lake water and sink them to the bottom rather than throwing them away.
when asked about it, he replied
"thats what everyone does down here"

the flavor of beer....

Busch Light. In a Can. In a Busch Light Coozie.

sara said...

maybe it has less to do with the PERSON who drinks the beer and more to do with the beer itself. ie: we ourselves have a tendency to scatter beer cans at certain times, but it tends to be miller at those times, or at that one time, the time when someone had to tell the fucking cans to shut up.

k-10 said...

Well, it is like the study that came out showing that people who drink wine live longer than people who drink beer. The study also showed that people who drink wine eat better food.

Sometimes, when I'm not feeling too queasy, I look around at other people's shopping carts. Not that I'm perfect or that I only buy healthfood...but it seems that a staple in the 'Mur-can (American) diet is beef, Doritos, Coca-Cola and Bud Light.

I think Brother Lloyd may be on to something. Less calories = less respect for the Earth...maybe that's because the people who drink the Devil's brew are just flimsy. Yeah, I said flimsy.

B said...

we sound pompous.....

Andrew said...

I would say this: now that I have in my possesion a few of the new Boulevard Smokestack series beers, I don't plan on letting the bottles ever leave my house. They will never end up on a curb. They are so beautiful they are more likely to be framed on my wall than to end up as garbage.

sara said...

I think that PBR cans are beautiful...