Wednesday, November 14, 2007

okay, team. I've been hesitant to write, but I think it's because I want an alias. I need more anonymity. any ideas?

I agree with Kristen (I mean K-10, bitches) that it is much more satisfying to interact with my friends in the real world (especially with beer), but it is nice to interact in this interesting cyber-sort of way.

I am currently holed up in my apartment NOT hanging out with the people that I enjoy, and let me tell you why. I went and got my hair cut tonight. I always tend to like my hair CUTS, but there has only been ONE occasion (maybe 2) that I have felt comfortable going in public after a hair appointment...my hair guy is just CREATIVE, which is great, but...

...I totally have Dolly Parton hair...gahh. I would post a picture, but I just...can't...because I DON'T HAVE A CAMERA. (ahem.)

I have tried a couple of different techniques over the past couple of years to minimize the big hair.

1: When he asks "so, what are you doing tonight?" I say "going out with a couple of friends." I think he interprets that not as "yeah, let's make her look GOOD," but as "oooh, let's make her look SNAZZY!"

2: Tonight, when he asked me what I was going afterwards, I said, "oh, you know. probably going to watch some tv. maybe some laundry." He interprets THAT as, "oooh, I can do whatever I WANT!" hence the Dolly Parton hair. I mean, whoa.

I mean no disrespect to my hair guy. I think that he is fabulous in every sense of the word. This just REALLY isn't my style...but I'll probably look more normal tomorrow.

2 comments:

k-10 said...

I'm sure it looks WONDERFUL and can't wait to see it. By Dolly Parton hair, do you mean that it makes your boobs look extremely large? Not a bad side effect. Much better than all those things that the drug commercials list.

B said...

on the plus side, when it grows out, it will be HUGE dolly parton hair, instead of regular dolly parton hair.

youre screwed buddy!