Tuesday, February 26, 2008

novels are hard

its really really really really really really fucking hard to write a novel.
trust me.

if your thinking about it, i would say do it, but know that its going to consume most of your thoughts until its finished.
me, i have been working on it since july. its not almost march. im more than halfway done, and im at a bit of a snag.
would love to be out of said snag.

thats all for now, i just needed a lament.

is that what lament means? i think it does... right?

8 comments:

Andrew said...

remember when you inspired me to try writing my own novel?... yeah, that lasted about a week.

sara said...

@, I thought you WERE writing your own novel. and I got so excited about it.

like I am excited about B's! (even though I haven't started reading yet...)

it's nice to have friends with creative talents that I can live vicariously through.

B said...

its really really really really really really fucking hard to write a novel.

Anonymous said...

but not hard to say fuck :)

k-10 said...

I have never seen the word lament used as a noun before. I can tell you've become a true writer--pushing all the limits and bending rules. I like the idea. It's like "I just need a moment..." only it's, "I just needed a lament."

Fucking brilliant.

Andrew said...

Lament as a noun is a sad song... so B just needed a sad song. that works!

B said...

im the most humble brilliant man you'll ever meet. so i have that going for me.

is it just me or has it been a long time since i have seen anyone on this blog?

sara said...

B is the most fucking humble brilliant man we'll ever meet.

it has been awhile. YOU KEEP TRAVELING ALL OVER :(