Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday Mornings...

What are they good for? It depends on what kind of person you are.

Well, for one, there's the ambitious, uber-productive Saturday morning type. These people are up, fresh and rearing to go by 7 a.m., with a list of things they will accomplish. Not only will they do the things they have to do (bank, groceries, etc.), they may also set forth a few projects for their Saturday, like fixing that water spot on the ceiling or bathing the dog.

This is not me.

Then, there are the relax, grab some coffee, maybe an i-pod and a newspaper (or substitute your most recently acquired book) and head to the City Market kind of people. These people know the meaning of the "Saturday drive." These people, punctual as they may be the rest of the week, lose all concept of time when it comes to the weekend.

This is also not me.

There are those who love to sleep in. To them, Saturday morning does not really exist, except as (perhaps) the early hours of the morning carried over from Friday night. Calling these people during this time is especially dangerous, unless they are heavy sleepers who do not even stir at the sound of the phone. The wrath of a sleep-lover woken on a Saturday morning is like no other.

Sometimes, this is me.

I wish I was more like the first group. And therefore, today, I am going to choose to be.

1 comment:

sara said...

I am a combination of the second two. the first NEVER applies to me. I go into weekend-mode as soon as I hit the parking lot after work on friday evening...